Senior Android Developer
£30-50K PA depending on experience
Printt (Formerly called AIWIP) was founded 2014 in London. We are the world’s only network of public printers; It allows anybody to print straight from their phone to one of our printers with zero configuration. In addition, it also enables students to print for free via advertising. It’s a disruptive service that’s changing the printing industry — one that prints billions of pages every year. Our team of 10 have successfully grown from 50 to 500 printers and we are now expanding our team!
About the Role
You would be helping craft the next generation of our Android application for both mobile and embedded devices to help us grow to the next 5k printers.
You will join our small team of 4 engineers to help build the next iteration of our service. You will liaise with our CTO and founding team to plan features and create a great experience for our users
You will be working with Java, RxJava, Retrofit, Butterknife, iBeacon and OkHTTP. We haven’t embraced Kotlin yet but we are keeping our eye on it.
If you are someone looking for the next step in your career, then this role could be ideal for you!
At least 3 years experience in Android development, from conceptualisation through to successful launch of an application in Google Play
- You have experience in using git and version control in combination with agile development.
- You are up to date with the latest features and developments for Android, including features in upcoming SDKs, resource optimisation techniques, device quirks and social network integration (e.g. Facebook).
- Ideally you should know about VPN Services and Bluetooth Beacons.
- You have developed good personal time management and team working skills.
- You can describe complex issues to non-technical users and debugging problems.
- Experience with Pusher, Stripe, Fabric and Facebook SDKs.
- Knowledge of RxJava.
- Sense of humour and a love of hummus.
- Pick Your Own Holidays – be in control of the amount of holidays you take, no need to wait for it to accrue.
- Flexible Working – work from home when you want a pyjama day or just need to catch up on things (it happens!).
- Small and Friendly Team – relaxed atmosphere with opportunities for growth, learning new skills and teaching each other.
- Choose Your Own Laptop – choose between Mac or PC (or Chromebook!).
- Free Beer On Tap – get a drink and enjoy the balcony with Tower Bridge views.
- Pet Friendly – bring your pet to the office.
We are empathetic, so if you feel you meet some of these requirements then don’t hesitate to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com